We are proud to announce that Rezum is now available for our patients.
Rezum is a novel minimally invasive transurethral RF thermal therapy to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Using a hand-held device, Rezum delivers radiofrequency generated thermal (water vapour) therapy, in the form of water vapour directly to the prostate tissue that is causing symptoms such as frequency, urgency, irregular flow, weak stream, straining and getting up at night to urinate.
This is usually performed as a day case procedure with excellent results and with minimal sexual side effects.
If you are interested please contact us.
Rezūm provides the following benefits:
- Potential alternative to BPH medications
- Relieves symptoms safely and effectively
- Provides noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks
- Simple in-office/out-patient therapy
- Does not require general anesthesia
- Preserves sexual and urinary functions
- Allows patients to return to regular activities within a few days